The Dark Crystal (1982)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Dark Crystal

Genre: Adventure,Family,Fantasy

Director: Frank Oz,Jim Henson

Cast: Jim Henson,Kathryn Mullen,Frank Oz,Dave Goelz,Steve Whitmire,Louise Gold,Brian Meehl,Stephen Garlick,Lisa Maxwell,Billie Whitelaw,Percy Edwards,Barry Dennen,Deep Roy,Kiran Shah,Jack Purvis,Bob Payne,Michael Kilgarriff,John Baddeley,David Buck,Charles Collingwood,Sean Barrett,Miki Iveria,Patrick Monckton,Susan Westerby,Joseph O'Conor,Thick Wilson,Jerry Nelson

Release: 1982-12-17

Runtime: 93

Plot: On another planet in the distant past, a Gelfling embarks on a quest to find the missing shard of a magical crystal and restore order to his world, before the grotesque race of Skeksis find and use the crystal for evil.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• Skeksis Dinner - The Dark Crystal - The Jim Henson Company

• Clip
    • The Dark Crystal - "Prophecy" Clip

• Clip
    • The Dark Crystal - "Meeting The Landstriders" Clip

• Clip
    • The Dark Crystal - "Aughra's Observatory" Clip

• Clip
    • Fathom Events Spot

• Teaser
    • THE DARK CRYSTAL - Secrets of The Dark Crystal with Lisa Henson

• Featurette
    • Trailer

• Trailer
    • 40 Anniversary Spot

• Teaser
    • Official Trailer

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
The Dark Crystal was a classic 80s movie. I remember watching this movie when I was a kid and I was blown away. Netflix had a tv show about the time before that led to the events of the movie. It only ran for one season and that was that. I was so upset that they didn’t make a season 2.

I remember this movie but don't remember ever watching it...even though I should of course...
If you’re into fantasy epic type of movies then this one is a must. Actually if you plan on watching it watch the Netflix series first which takes place before the movie. Surprisingly Netflix did a good job for once.

Back