Soul Train's 500th Episode: A Celebration of Music and Dance April 12, 1986

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
IMG_1081.png

On this day April 12, 1986, Soul Train reached a significant milestone with its 500th episode airing. The episode featured a lineup of vibrant dance songs including "Do It To Me Good (Tonight)" by Michael Henderson, "Another Night" by Aretha Franklin, and "I'm Not Gonna Let You (Get The Best Of Me)" by Colonel Abrams. Performances by Zapp with "Computer Love" and "Itchin' For Your Twitchin'", Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam with "All Cried Out", and Meli'sa Morgan with "Do Me Baby" and "Do You Still Love Me?" added to the excitement. The Soul Train Line Dance grooved to "Crush On You" by The Jets, while the Scramble Word, "William Gray," paid homage to a Prince song.

Back