Rhythm of Youth (1982)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Rhythm of Youth
Artist: Men Without Hats
Genre: New Wave
Released: 1982

Tracks:
1 - Ban the Game - 0:48
2 - The Safety Dance - 4:32
3 - Antarctica - 3:28
4 - The Great Ones Remember - 4:41
5 - I Got the Message - 4:44
6 - I Like - 4:19
7 - Ideas for Walls - 2:59
8 - Things in My Life - 4:56
9 - Cocoricci (Le Tango des Voleurs) - 3:24
10 - The Great Ones Remember (reprise) - 1:59

Overview:
Rhythm of Youth is the debut album of Canadian synthpop group Men Without Hats, released in 1982 on Backstreet Records. It propelled them to fame with its second single, "The Safety Dance". It was released under the Statik Records label in Canada, distributed by Warner Music Canada (then called WEA Canada) where it achieved Platinum status for sales of 100,000 units.

The US release of this album featured a different track listing, which replaced "Living in China" with an edited version of "Antarctica" (the full version of which appeared on Folk of the 80's) and included an extended version of "The Safety Dance".

Any fans of Men Without Hat's debut album? Safety Dance was on it.

I didn't think that I'd be missed on here! 🥰🥰 I've had so much going on at home and career wise that I have no time for anything!

Back