A Look Back at 80s Fashion Trends: Neon, Legwarmers, and Shoulder Pads

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

What a great article. The 80s definitely had some real real strange and interesting fashion. Everything seemed to go when it came to fashion back then.

I wore neon colored shoulder pads hehe. We all did at some point. They were in during the eighties. The eighties were definitely a decade of fashion. Every two years fashion was changing. It was such a creative decade. some of the fashion from back then is in style today.

Here’s a question. Would both you women wear neon colored shoulder padded shirts today? I’m pretty sure Mrs. Eighties would. 💁🏻‍♂️

I’m betting that mrs. eighties wore neon colored shoulder pads too. At least 80s diva admitted it. :ROFLMAO:

If you grew up during the eighties and dressed with the time then you wore shoulder pads. Maybe not neon but you wore shoulder pads.

They looked awful. I keep thinking of Dorothy form the golden girls with those huge shoulder pads.

Shoulder pads didn't go with Dorothy. She was too tall and long. They made her look like a knight.

Back