The story of Adam Walsh

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
IMG_0252.jpeg
For those of us that grew up during the 80s particularly in America the kidnapping of Adam Walsh was a real big thing. I remember seeing it all over tv and teachers in my school talking to us about being careful and what not because of this. On July 27, 1981 Adam with his mother went shopping at the department store Sears. Adam’s mother left him by the Atari video game display while she went to inquire about a lamp. When she returned to get him he was gone and never to be seen. Two weeks later his head was found in a drainage canal alongside Highway 60 / Yeehaw Junction in rural Indian River County, Florida. Many years later convicted serial killer Ottis Toole confessed to he murder of Adam but the case was dropped due to the lack of evidence and he recanted his confession. Some people were convinced that it was Toole that committed this heinous crime but in the end we will never know.

Read more about it in detail here.

Adams father John Walsh hosted America's most wanted television show. He became a real big advocate after the kidnapping and murder of his son Adam Walsh.

Adams father John Walsh hosted America's most wanted television show. He became a real big advocate after the kidnapping and murder of his son Adam Walsh.
That was a great show. Lots of fugitives were apprehended because of that show.

You are seriously taking me back to the 80s today!First with the little girl in the well and now with Adam. His ended in tragedy. Heartless psychopaths. I think that’s how the missing children on the milk carton started to appear.

You are seriously taking me back to the 80s today!First with the little girl in the well and now with Adam. His ended in tragedy. Heartless psychopaths. I think that’s how the missing children on the milk carton started to appear.
That’s the idea Of this forum. It’s to relive the 80s on here.

Back