Guilty (1980)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Guilty
Artist: Barbra Streisand
Genre: Jazz
Released: 1980

Tracks:
1 - Guilty - 4:23
2 - Woman in Love - 3:49
3 - Run Wild - 4:06
4 - Promises - 4:20
5 - The Love Inside - 5:08
6 - What Kind of Fool - 4:06
7 - Life Story - 4:38
8 - Never Give Up - 3:44
9 - Make It Like a Memory - 7:29

Overview:
Guilty is the twenty-second studio album by American singer Barbra Streisand released on September 23, 1980 by Columbia Records. After the success of the Bee Gees in the late of 1970s, there was some time to write songs for other artists and Streisand, one of those artists, asked Barry Gibb to write an album for her. It became her best-selling album to date internationally with sales of over 12 million copies worldwide (according to an official press release) and was produced by Gibb and the Bee Gees' regular production team of Albhy Galuten and Karl Richardson.

The lead single "Woman in Love" became one of the most successful songs of Streisand's music career and spent a total of three weeks at number one in the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Other two singles were released, also peaked within top ten on Billboard Hot 100: the title track, a duet between Streisand and Gibb, won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal in 1981, released as a second single for the album, and became an instant hit, peaking at number three, and "What Kind of Fool", another duet with Gibb, reached number ten for three weeks. The fourth single, "Promises", a more disco-oriented track released in May 1981, reached as high as number forty-eight. This song was also released on Streisand's first commercially released 12" single as a solo artist following her 1979 duet with Donna Summer, "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)", and two promotional singles released for "Shake Me, Wake Me (When It's Over)" in 1975, and "The Main Event/Fight" in 1979.

Guilty was Barbra Streisand‘s 16th album and her first one released in the 80s. I know nothing about Barbara or her music.

Back