Diamond Life (1984)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Diamond Life
Artist: Sade
Genre: Soul
Released: 1984

Tracks:
1 - Smooth Operator - 4:57
2 - Your Love Is King - 3:55
3 - Hang on to Your Love - 5:56
4 - Frankie's First Affair - 4:34
5 - When Am I Going to Make a Living - 3:26
6 - Cherry Pie - 6:17
7 - Sally - 5:19
8 - I Will Be Your Friend - 4:41
9 - Why Can't We Live Together? - 5:28

Overview:
Diamond Life is the debut album by the English group Sade. It was released in the United Kingdom on 16 July 1984 by Epic Records, and in the United States on 23 February 1985 by Portrait Records. Released in the wake of Sade's two hit singles "Your Love Is King" and "When Am I Going to Make a Living", the album was an instant hit in the UK, peaking at #2 and spending over six months in the Top Ten. The album also reached #5 in the US, and was also highly successful in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Austria, where it reached number one.

The album won the Brit Award for Best British Album in 1985.

Who didn’t like Sade during the 80s? Diamond Life was Sade’s debut album and my Favorite song off of it is Smooth Operator but my favorite song is Sweetest Taboo that‘s from her second album Promise.

Sade...what a babe...good music too...have to give this a 5 iconic music from an iconic babe🥰

Back