Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
IMG_0854.jpeg
It’s 80s Hip Hop Wednesdays, and we’re kicking it off by honoring the Jungle Brothers’ groundbreaking track “I’ll House You”! 🔥🎤

This week, we’re celebrating the roots of hip hop mixed with the rise of house—a fusion that reshaped the music scene. “I’ll House You,” not just a track but a movement, invites us to explore the innovative sounds of the late ’80s. What are your memories of this era? Which tracks or artists bridged genres for you?

Share your throwback picks and stories. Let’s get into the groove of those iconic beats and rhymes that have us all saying, “You’re in our house now!”

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
IMG_0913.jpeg
Celebrating 80s Hip Hop Wednesday on the forum! Let's pay tribute to "Paid in Full" by Eric B. & Rakim, a standout from 1987. Written and produced by Eric Barrier and Rakim Allah, it's a defining track from their debut album. The remix by Coldcut only heightened its popularity, solidifying its status as an iconic hit of the era. Who would you like to pay tribute to?

lyte.jpeg

It's 80s HipHop Wednesday, and I'm giving props to one of the OG queens of rap, MC Lyte, and her iconic album Lyte As a Rock. 🙌 Let's dive into the beats, the rhymes, and the impact of this legendary record. Drop your thoughts, favorite lyrics, and why this album still rocks your world today!

Last edited:
salt.png

Once again it's 80s Hip Hop Wednesdays and I'm honoring Salt N' Pepa's debut album Hot, Cool & Vicious.

slick.jpg
Welcome back to 80s Hip Hop Wednesday! This week I'm honoring Slick Rick and his debut album The Great Adventures of Slick Rick. Just like many my favorite song from that album is Mona Lisa.

newc.jpg
It's 80s Hip-Hop Wednesday, and today, we're throwing it back to the electrifying beats of Newcleus and their iconic track "Jam on It." Let's rewind to the era of boomboxes and breakdancing, where Newcleus brought the funk with their infectious rhythms and futuristic sound. "Jam on It" wasn't just a song; it was a movement, blending hip-hop with elements of electro and funk, creating a groove that had everyone hitting the dance floor.
With catchy lyrics, slick rhymes, and pulsating beats, "Jam on It" became an anthem of the streets, inspiring countless DJs, rappers, and dancers to push the boundaries of creativity. It wasn't just a track; it was a cultural phenomenon, capturing the essence of 80s hip-hop at its finest.

So today, let's pay homage to Newcleus and the timeless vibe of "Jam on It." Let's crank up the volume, break out the cardboard, and groove like it's 1984 all over again. Because in the world of hip-hop, some songs never age—they just keep jammin' on.

rob.jpg
For this week 80s Hip Hop we're honoring Rob Base & D.J. E-Z Rock's It Takes Two song.

Welcome back to another week of 80s Hip Hop Wednesdays. This week I'm giving a shout out to the classic 80s Hip Hop song Parents Just Don’t Understand by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.

Welcome to another week of Hip Hop 80s Wednesdays! This week I'm honoring a classic 80s hip hop song Planet Rock by Afrika Bambaataa & the Soulsonic Force (1982). This jam is definitely one of my favorites.

It's another week of 80s Hip Hop Wednesday amd this week I'm honoring the legendary jam The Breaks by Kurtis Blow.

Welcome to another week of 80s Hip Hop Wednesdays! Today, we're diving into one of the iconic tracks that fueled the golden era of hip hop: "I Can't Live Without My Radio" by LL Cool J.

Released in 1985 as part of LL Cool J's debut album "Radio," this song not only marked the beginning of LL Cool J's legendary career but also became a symbol of the emerging hip hop culture.

"I Can't Live Without My Radio" captures the essence of the 80s with its pulsating beats and LL Cool J's raw, energetic delivery. The lyrics reflect the passion and dedication of a young artist who sees his radio as more than just a device – it's his lifeline, his connection to the music that drives him.

The song's infectious hook and LL Cool J's charismatic flow helped propel it to the top of the charts, making it a classic anthem of the era. Its influence reverberates through the decades, reminding us of the power of hip hop to transcend boundaries and inspire generations.

So, whether you're a seasoned hip hop aficionado or just discovering the magic of 80s rap, "I Can't Live Without My Radio" is a must-listen that continues to resonate with music lovers everywhere. Tune in, turn up the volume, and let the rhythm of LL Cool J's iconic track transport you back to the golden age of hip hop.

Welcome back to another week of Hip Hop 80s Wednesday, where we celebrate the iconic tracks that defined a generation. Today, we're diving into the infectious rhythms and powerful messages of "White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)" by Grandmaster & Melle Mel.

Released in 1983, "White Lines" instantly became an anthem of the burgeoning hip-hop scene, captivating audiences with its electrifying beats and socially conscious lyrics. Written as a cautionary tale about the dangers of cocaine addiction, the song tackled important issues with a raw honesty that resonated deeply with listeners.

At its core, "White Lines" is more than just a catchy tune; it's a powerful commentary on the impact of drug abuse on individuals and communities. Through Melle Mel's impassioned delivery and Grandmaster Flash's innovative production, the song transcended mere entertainment, sparking conversations and raising awareness about a pressing social issue.

But "White Lines" wasn't just about delivering a message; it was also about getting people on their feet and moving to the music. With its infectious bassline and irresistible groove, the song became a staple on dance floors across the globe, uniting people from all walks of life in a shared love for hip-hop culture.

Over the years, "White Lines" has left an indelible mark on the music industry, influencing countless artists and earning its place in the pantheon of hip-hop classics. Its timeless appeal and enduring relevance serve as a testament to the power of music to inspire change and bring people together.

So, as we groove to the beat this Hip Hop 80s Wednesday, let's pay tribute to "White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)" and the artists who crafted this unforgettable masterpiece. May its message continue to resonate with listeners and its music continue to move our souls for generations to come.

Back