Somewhere in Time

About

• Released

• Rating

• Genre

• Drama
    • Fantasy
    • Romance
  • Beyond fantasy. Beyond obsession. Beyond time itself... he will find her.

• Trailer

Somewhere in Time

Drama

Overview

Young writer Richard Collier is met on the opening night of his first play by an old lady who begs him to "Come back to me". Mystified, he tries to find out about her, and learns that she is a famous stage actress from the early 1900s. Becoming more and more obsessed with her, by self-hypnosis he manages to travel back in time—where he meets her.

Trailer

Credits

• Christopher Reeve
    Christopher Reeve
    Richard Collier
  • Jane Seymour
    Jane Seymour
    Elise McKenna
  • Christopher Plummer
    Christopher Plummer
    William Fawcett Robinson
  • Teresa Wright
    Teresa Wright
    Laura Roberts
  • Bill Erwin
    Bill Erwin
    Arthur Biehl
  • George Voskovec
    George Voskovec
    Dr. Gerald Finney
This page uses the themoviedb.org API.

One of my favorite movies of all time. I had a real thing for Christopher Reeve when he played Superman and this came out two years later. This movie has become a cult classic. It was so underrated when it came out and did not do great at the box office, but has garnered quite a following in the decades since. A time travel romance with an exquisite, haunting score by John Barry, and beautiful Jane Seymour filmed at a gorgeous hotel. I cannot watch this and not cry. It's a beautiful, gentle movie that romantics  and ones that are sentimental will dearly appreciate. To this day fans gather at the hotel for occasional conventions and ones from the movie will appear. It's a very special movie.

I'm not sure this will be your cup of tea, I know you love horror movies and I'm betting action adventure, this will likely be a bit slow moving and sappy for your taste, I could be wrong, but it's a wonderful movie. Avatar, the highest grossing movie of all time, good lord, I hated it, thought it was absurd and a waste of my time and money. So no accounting for taste. Do let me know how you like it if you watch it.

I make a small edit to this, taking inflation into consideration, Gone With the Wind is still the top grossing movie of all time, but I meant a current movie.

Edited by DynastyDiva
  • Like 1