Things you find annoying that you have to do

For me it's taking the whole wake up getting ready for routine and getting there. Once I'm there I don't care but the whole getting there is such a pain in the ass lol. Next is feeding my 3 dogs haha poor guys. Love them to death but man what a mission to feed them every day. My German Shepherd particularly will follow me around from second I wake up. She'll go straight to her bowl and move it with her nose come back to me and go back to her bowl to do the same lol. She is one smart dog. Going clothes shopping for myself I find annoying. Thankfully now I could just order something off of Amazon instead. I also hate shaving and being that I'm Greek I probably shave just a tad more than you lmaooo. 

Oh please you men have it easy compared to us women! Making breakfast for the whole family before I have to go to work is so annoying lol. I love cooking but not so early in the morning. Having to drive my kids to all their sporting events during the weekends!!! Ugh I hate doing that but we have to keep up with the Jones! Lol shaving and I mean my legs hehe. I have so much more to add but I'll spare you all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/14/2021 at 10:21 AM, DivaGirl said:

Oh please you men have it easy compared to us women! Making breakfast for the whole family before I have to go to work is so annoying lol. I love cooking but not so early in the morning. Having to drive my kids to all their sporting events during the weekends!!! Ugh I hate doing that but we have to keep up with the Jones! Lol shaving and I mean my legs hehe. I have so much more to add but I'll spare you all. 

I wont argue with you there. Women do have it harder than us men but that doesn't mean we men don't have our problems too. 

Taking the garbage out is a major hassle here. We live on a hill, and I live upstairs, so all of my garbage and dirty cat litter has to be dragged down 16 stairs in the house, dragged another 50 ft outside and rolled down a hill to the curb. My mom and I and the cats produce a ton of garbage and every week have 7 bags minimum. It's only once a week here and has to be out by 7 am, so if you miss it, it rolls over to the next week. I'm seldom up then unless I haven't gone to bed yet, so may miss 1-2 weeks. This coming week I will have to haul out nearly 25 bags since I've been cleaning one room and tossing out more than usual. It is a nearly 45 min exhausting ordeal. When there's tons of snow or ice, I'm not going to chance falling to get it out, so weeks worth can accumulate, it's an awful ordeal. My mom keeps food garbage in the freezer so it won't smell, Lord, it's a nightmare. An ongoing weekly nightmare. Luckily our city does not enforce the supposed 5 bag maximum rule, since we are always over it. I know some communities that have a 2 bag rule and if you go over, you are charged by the bag. There's been many times we would have over 20 bags and I'd be dragging bags in front of the neighbors in the dark so we wouldn't have so many in front of our house. It would be nice to have a large incinerator to avoid this.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, DynastyDiva said:

Taking the garbage out is a major hassle here. We live on a hill, and I live upstairs, so all of my garbage and dirty cat litter has to be dragged down 16 stairs in the house, dragged another 50 ft outside and rolled down a hill to the curb. My mom and I and the cats produce a ton of garbage and every week have 7 bags minimum. It's only once a week here and has to be out by 7 am, so if you miss it, it rolls over to the next week. I'm seldom up then unless I haven't gone to bed yet, so may miss 1-2 weeks. This coming week I will have to haul out nearly 25 bags since I've been cleaning one room and tossing out more than usual. It is a nearly 45 min exhausting ordeal. When there's tons of snow or ice, I'm not going to chance falling to get it out, so weeks worth can accumulate, it's an awful ordeal. My mom keeps food garbage in the freezer so it won't smell, Lord, it's a nightmare. An ongoing weekly nightmare. Luckily our city does not enforce the supposed 5 bag maximum rule, since we are always over it. I know some communities that have a 2 bag rule and if you go over, you are charged by the bag. There's been many times we would have over 20 bags and I'd be dragging bags in front of the neighbors in the dark so we wouldn't have so many in front of our house. It would be nice to have a large incinerator to avoid this.

That does sound annoying. Taking out my garbage is a lot easier than what you have to go through. I just have to slide my plastic garbage bins outside my driveway to the street but I still find it annoying. Just like you said when there's snow its even worse. From my driveway to the street its around 200 feet so that for me at least is a hike lol. Thankfully I don't have stairs though. 

If we had nice bins on wheels they would be stolen, 100%. No garage or fence to lock them behind. We've had everything from bags of topsoil to garbage bags stolen that were right up by the door. Imagine stealing someone's garbage! Many years ago we took down some 45 year old curtains from a bay window, they were bulky and with the sheers and the curtains filled up 5 garbage bags. I put them outside to get them out of the house, and a couple of days later, they were gone. Hope they enjoyed the sun bleached and in tatters decades old curtains they found. I guess they figure there might be something inside worth salvaging. I've even had bags of dirty cat litter stolen from outside. Boxes of decades old, ugly dishes that were placed there for a charity to collect, they were stolen as well. So a nice garbage can on wheels? Nope. Kiss the money goodbye you paid for it. 

Cans and bottles would be in the blue boxes, but I've recently stopped recycling for a few different reasons even though I have for over 30 years. I've seen several vids on Youtube about how people think it helps, but it really doesn't. The resources used to transport the stuff there, then much of it is unwashed, considered contaminated and thrown out anyway, and plastic can apparently only be recycled a couple of times and then is too weak to do it and then tossed. Hauling the heavy boxes to the curb, risking falling, and for what? It to be tossed out for the most part anyway? I feel like a fool for having done it for the last several decades since it started. In some European countries, they make you use clear garbage bags to make sure there's nothing recyclable in there! Sorry, my trash is my business. The government forcing you to wash cans and bottles?